Outdoor Adventure Center
The OAC rental center is open this semester for
WCCC students and employees!
Mondays and Thursdays
starting February 26!
Room 12 in Quoddy Hall (lower dorms)
Stop in and sign out over 4,000 pieces of outdoor gear
FREE FOR WCCC STUDENTS AND EMPLOYEES!
Email OAC@wccc.me.edu or call 207-454-1060 for more information
or for group gear rentals to organizations.
Check out our first annual
ICE FISHING DERBY
for WCCC students and employees
The Outdoor Adventure Center at Washington County Community College is a place where community happens through adventure programming with people growing and collectively interacting with the natural world. It is a hub to foster collaboration among regional partners, learning, and fun for people of all ages. The OAC provides resources to promote community-wide health and wellness through nature-based and adventure-based activities.
Goals of the OAC Mission are to:
- Provide genuine outdoor leadership learning opportunities for WCCC students
- Improve recruitment, retention, and quality of student life at WCCC
- Increase quality outdoor recreational opportunities for surrounding communities
- Develop a unique, sustainable program model at the community college level
- Promote responsible, sustainable recreational use of natural resources through environmental stewardship
- Have Fun/Be Fair: provide a fun, engaging and equal opportunity for everyone
- Be Safe: think before you act, recognize risk and proceed to manage it as necessary
- Be Here: be grounded and present during all activities
- Take Care of Self and Others: Live truthfully, be responsible of your own actions
- Let Go and Move On: We embrace failure, be tolerant, be patient
- Be Environmentally Connected: Embrace Leave No Trace principles in everyday activities
- Community: Play, work and volunteer for community growth through shared adventure