The Washington County Community College Library provides accurate information services to students, faculty, staff, and community members. The library collection includes a variety of points of view and a range of print and non-print materials, such as periodicals, books, electronic databases, software, maps, videos, audio CDs and cassettes. We also offer access to a variety of helpful online resources.
Our Services Include:
- Helping patrons to research, interpret and use information
- Helping patrons locate and retrieve books and other resources from our library or through inter-library loans
- Conducting information literacy classes
- Working closely with faculty to support curriculum
- Library materials are loaned to faculty, staff, students, and community members.
- Books and periodicals (the most recent issues do not circulate) are loaned for a period of three weeks.
- Renewals are allowed for a second three-week period.
- Fines for overdue items are $.10 per day. When materials are lost or not returned within one month of due date, patrons are charged the replacement cost or $50–$100 per item. There is also a replacement-processing fee of $5 per item (borrowing privileges, grades and transcripts will be withheld if borrowed items are not returned and fines are not paid).
Our Resources Include:
- Computer Lab – The Library has 22 computers available for student use. One of the computers is located in an ADA compliant study carrel and has an adjustable keyboard. Priority is given to usage of computers for academic purposes. When there is a shortage of available computers, students who are using computers for personal applications (e-mail, etc.) may be asked to relinquish computer access to students who need them for course assignments.
- Access to the Minerva online catalog, online databases, Internet access, Microsoft Outlook for e-mail and Microsoft Office 2013
- Other software added to support program requirements
- Printing from all computers
- Photocopier (patrons are responsible for adhering to copyright rules)
Cell Phone Policy:
- Please turn off cell phone ringer in the library.
- Please answer all calls outside the library.